Sunday, December 18, 2011

Round and round

Boy this one is hefty. Sometimes I think it would be easier to climb onto a moving train than to get a foot into aviation. I've been taking flying lessons two days a week for the past month and plan on continuing at the same pace, but my scholarship from EAA has run out. Thankfully I can make a deposit from what I've saved from selling my motor scooter, money I got for Christmas and my birthday, and whatever I earn from working at Mach 5. Usually I have had to give most of my work earnings towards my college tuition, but now that the semester is over I can collect it towards flight school. That school hold me for a few more lessons.
I did apply for another scholarship from the Auburn Aviation Association. I went on the interview last friday, and since then I have been in agonizing suspense (despite my best efforts not to worry!)
  The airport has definitely become a home away from home, and I love Mach 5, the planes, the people, everything! I spend a lot of time there: working, flying, or taking pictures. It has been a exciting challenge, and I do get exhausted a lot, but I am really an adrenalin junkie, so in a strange way I enjoy every demanding, haywire, supersonic minute!
   I am really reminding myself to trust in the Lord at all times and for all things. It certainly gets overwhelming at times, once in a while I wonder what I got myself into! But I know that the God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply, and so far that has been proven. I'll admit, if the scholarship doesn't come through, I have no idea where the rest of the funds will come from, or even if I'll be able to handle the extra load of flying when school starts again, "but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13,14

No comments:

Post a Comment