Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The complete update from the Nursing page...

December 27, 2011
 Ok this site is sorta driving me crazy, very hard to manage and I'm still trying to figure out how to make everything work the way I want. There is going to be a few changes, I am totally removing the extra pages and the only other tabs will be Home, Life Lessons, and Photography. For now. My mom is bugging me to post pictures of myself and what I am doing with my blogs, not just my photography. So I'm going to give it a try. This post is the updates that have been on my Nursing page which are now going to be combined with the main blog.
Nursing is going great so far, all things considered. I got my first report card from the past semester yesterday, and was shocked to find I got straight A's in everything! Woah, I was certainly not expecting that! So the college sent me the class schedules for this coming semester, and I have to choose what classes I want. All I have to work with is to make sure I'm taking about 14 credits, compatible with my work schedule and still have a time block every week for flight school.
As far as flight school is going I am applying for yet another AOPA scholarship. Slowly but surly filling up the slots in my logbook. So far, a grand total of 6.5 hours! *sigh* all that work for so little time...o well, God knows what He's doing!






September, 25, 2011
  I am currently studying bones in A&P and memory in Psyco (yes, that's what they call it). I have two tests tomorrow, (Bible and A&P) need to read four textbook chapters for two classes, write a rhetorical analysis, look under microscopes for lab, prepare for three exams this week, get information and supplies to sign up for Swift water Search and Rescue classes the week of Oct. 2 for practical application time, take at least 50 pictures under the category "contrast for photography class, clean my room. There. I'm going to bed.


September 4, 2011
 Woah! When I said there probably wouldn´t be time to blog after I started school, I was right! Between classes, homework, and jobs, there is absolutely zero "down time".  I'm sort of getting used to it, but still feel very mentally tired! Some classes like English are super easy and I can get far ahead in assignments and so have more time to do the harder classes (like A&P). One thing I like about college is that there is virtually no homework! All I have to do is reading and writing, my two favorite things:) But seriously, all the classes are pretty strenuous, the assignments are time consuming, some teachers are hard to understand, and it takes a while to figure out what's expected of you and how to "roll with the punches". Otherwise, I do enjoy it; cryptic teachers not withstanding, I love all the subject material and can usually figure stuff out without too much trouble. As far as change in schedule goes, there are currently two aspects of my existence: school and life. Once school begins, life is put on complete hold for several months, and it will not resume until summertime, whereupon I have exactly three and a half months to cram a years worth of life before school starts again! This can get frustrating at times, but thankfully, I have my work at the farm and airport, so I don't feel totally immured! Working at the airport is wonderful, and come the 11th I will be helping at the Mach 5 booth at the California Capital Airshow! Of course, I'm bringing as many of my kids as possible, and also a few friends from college. My new camera (Nikon D7000) should be coming in the mail this week, and I can't wait to take it to the show. Keep tuned in as I report my progress in getting my feet on the ground and moving forward! 

August 15, 2011
  Yay! Weimar College orientation started today! I am nervous but excited. It has been worked out that I can work off campus, now my challenge is dividing my required work hours between my farm and the airport...The classes I will be taking this year are: College English 1, Life and Teachings of Jesus, Anatomy and Physiology + Lab, Photography and General Psychology. As part of Weimar's work program, I am required to work 16 hours a week, and will hopefully be starting Flight School in a month or two. As you can see, this all adds up to a very full year! Please keep me in your prayers as my classes officially start tomorrow.


July 13, 2011
  Pre Nursing starts August 16th! I am very excited, but nervous too as I have no clue what college is like. I'm used to doing school with others my age, and have gotten used to the "academy" atmosphere...well, this will be an adventure! I handed in my application and found out that they will allow me to do work ed off campus as long as it's a paying job. Okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment