Sunday, February 5, 2012

Overdue Update

Ok everyone, finally I've written something else! Sorry it took so long but when I tell you what's been going on, you'll understand.
 2nd Semester of Pre-Nursing started on January 8, and since then I've been immersed in classes such as Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry, Choir, Health Evangelism, (just did  a Health Expo last Sunday) and Speech. It doesn't sound like much, but the amount of homework that comes with them is unbelievable! A&P is really fun. This past week was on the heart, my favorite so far. I would love to specialize in Cardiology! In Lab we do all kinds of cool stuff like dissecting eyeballs, brains, and hearts from various farmyard creatures (I'll post pictures sometime!)
Speech is probably my favorite class right now. Class is for three hours on Thursday afternoon, and we do all kind of fun stuff. Our teacher is posting all of our speeches on YouTube, so when mine get posted, I'll give you the link. So I haven't put on a nurse scrubs yet or anything, I've still got a ways to go in that respect.
  As you can tell from the above picture, I'm still in the clouds. My logbook contains a total of 7.5 hours at the moment, with 1.5 more to be added this Thursday. I'm going to be doing lessons twice a week, Monday and Thursday morning, for at least this month. I've applied for another AOPA Scholarship already, but there is another one from a women pilot's organization that is available. In order for me to apply for it, I will need to solo by the end of February, when the application is due.
There are lots of other exciting things that happened in the past few weeks that I will be putting on separate blogs. So glad to be pack at my post for a little while! I miss writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment